"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose". Romans 8:28




Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Counting blessings

Though I miss Peru deeply and think of my family there constantly, it's times like this past weekend that make it easier to be at home. I had the privilege to be apart of my best friend, Shelli's, wedding. This was a day that I dreaded missing during my time in Peru and had even contemplated flying back just to see her. When I had received her invite in Peru, she mentioned that the date had been changed just so that when I watched the video, I wouldn't feel like I missed out on anything! However, God in his beautiful love, allowed me the opportunity to experience this day first-hand and to attend both my lovely roommate Kelsey's and my dear friend of 14 years, Savanna's wedding. It was definitely an exhausting experience, but it helped me realize how blessed I truly am and was worth all the driving and cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment