"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose". Romans 8:28




Thursday, September 9, 2010

Healing in solitude

I first want to apologize for the lack of blogging and silence in the past month. The truth is I have been experiencing so much healing and lessons learnt that I didn't know where to begin! This time in my life has by far been the hardest, but the most exhilerating! God has been so faithful and has revealed more to me in this time of solitude than all the years of church sermons, mission trips, and school combined!

As God did with Elijah in 1 Kings 17 when he took him to the Kerith Ravine for a time set apart before his ministry, I feel that he is doing the same with me. God provided for Elijah with a stream to drink from and birds to bring him food, and it has been true in my life as well. God often takes us aside for a season of solitude and allows us to experience pain so that we can draw even closer into his strong arms, listen more deeply to his voice, and grow in strength to do his work for the future. We can't run to our Mount Carmel experiences without first spending time in the desert!

These past few months have in no way been easy, but I have had the support of my loving father and close friends to help guide me along the way. I have spent the majority of my days praying, reading, and job searching. I feel that I have sent out atleast 50 resumes and have only had 4 interviews! However, I refuse to allow discouragement to set in because I know that as it says in Romans 8:28, God works for the good of those who love him and who have been called according to his purposes!

I have enjoyed the bonus time as I call it with my family and friends. I have learned to be content in all circumstances and to blossom where I'm planted. I even told my mom that I was happy to be home. She thought I was being sarcastic and didn't believe me, but I finally convinced her that I really meant it! For those of you who know me, you know that is proof that God has been doing some work in me!!

I'm not exactly sure what tomorrow will bring (or even the next hour), but that is perfectly ok with me. As I wrote in my last post, I eventually want to go to IHOP, but the timing is totally up to God. Please continue to pray for clairty and direction in this time. The excitment and anticipation of God's future plans has finally returned! I'll definitely keep you all posted on where I am planted next :)

3 comments:

  1. Brandi, I am so sorry that you are stuck in the desert right now, but I know that God is doing amazing things IN you so that He can do incredible things THROUGH you! I miss you, and I am excited about what is coming in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi, I just wanted to tell you that I'm so proud of you! You are truly an amazing person and I know that God will lead you to the right place! =)

    - Sarah P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree with you. The solitude sometimes is providential and suffering take us closer to God. Try to image people who are all the time involved in worldly activity, for them there is no room for spirituality. But paradoxally from the loneliness springs the friendship. The book I have written, entitled "Travels of the mind" has brought me new friends and what above all matters is that it helps many people to live their lives. So from the suffering springs life, new life.
    If you have any question I am most willing to discuss about this topic.
    Ettore Grillo

    ReplyDelete