"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose". Romans 8:28




Sunday, July 26, 2009

Answering the call

Welcome all!
This past year has been one of the most difficult and growing years of my life. I have experienced much loss and heartache, but through the pain I have experienced the power of God's grace and peace that he offers to all that call on him. Through this season of shaping and growing, God has been calling me to enter into a deeper relationship with him by leaving everything behind and following him wherever he leads.

I will be graduating from Mount Vernon Nazarene University in December with a degree in Social Work and Spanish. I had no direction where I was suppose to go after MVNU, but I knew that God had been working on me to surrender my all and had placed a burden on my heart for his lost sheep. At the church where I am doing my internship, I first heard about a new project through the Nazarene church called Extreme Peru. I thought that it was awesome what God was doing there, but it wasn't for me. I had plans to graduate and go back to school to receive my MSW. However, God had different plans.

On March 5th, I met with Rachel Kuhn who works with Extreme and also attends the church I intern at. The meeting was for my best friend who was interested in Peru and I was going as support. I had my mind set that it was a waste of her time to try to convince me to go. God quickly transformed my thinking and pierced my heart during that meeting. I didn't know many details of this adventure, but I knew at the end of that meeting that I needed to be apart of it. After several days of crying and pleading with the Lord, I surrendered my will and gave him a weak, but definite yes.

Since that day, I have joyfully accepted this new journey, went through the interview process, and have been approved to leave in February. I will be serving as a 40/40 in Cusco, Peru where I will be paired with a Peruvian and we will partner together and begin three churches in an 18 month period. I am now preparing for the work that we will be doing. I know that I will not be able to go on this adventure on my own and am inviting all who want to be apart of bringing light into this dark world to partner with me both in prayer and financial support. Thank you for your interest and support. I know that many sons will be brought to glory through the work that God will be doing in Peru!
For more information about Extreme Peru , 40/40 model, and my information visit extremenazarene.org/courts

Please check back for more posts as this journey continues!!

In Him,
Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment