"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose". Romans 8:28




Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The next step

It has been over a month since I returned from my Peruvian adventure and began my life again back here in the states. There has been alot of adjusting, letting go, and tears, but I am at peace with everything and am embracing the idea that God's best is yet to come.

Even before I got on the plane in Peru, I was asked the question, "so what is next, what's the plan?". I have repeatedly been asked this since my arrival and my answer was usually, "I'm just waiting on direction and God's plans to be known". This was always so frustrating to me because for once in my life, I didn't have a plan and couldn't give a straight answer.

However, God has revealed to my heart what the next step of faith is to be. Before I even heard about Peru, I felt I was supposed to go to the International House of Prayer in Kansas City to do a prayer internship there, but I but that aside when Peru came along. Now that I am back, that desire to be there has only grown stronger, eventhough I was given yet another opportunity to serve somewhere else with the Nazarene church. It was hard for me to say no because this was the perfect open door, but I know that it is not God's best for me. Right now I am in need of healing, rest, and being ministered to, not ministering. If I want to be an effective missionary in the future, then I know I will need to be well feed and equipped to serve.

The internship consist of two-three month tracts where I would be spending 6 hours every night from 12-6am praying during the dark hours of night. I would be living in a dorm setting with others going through the internship. The community would be really beneficial for me during this time in my life. We would have classes, small group meetings, and fellowship together. There are even opportunities to serve in one of their ministries each week. I am interested in Exodus Cry, a ministry to help victims of human traficking. There is also an orphan justice center and a soup kitchen. I would be working with the leaders that are over these projects and many doors would be open for me to serve along side with them after the internship. I know after spending this much time praying and in God's word that I will get direction and healing and be ready to serve once more.

I deeply appreciate each and everyone of you and the roles you have played in my life. Thank you again to all who were sponsoring me during my mission in Peru. Hopefully everything was taken care of, but if you are still having issues, please let me know! The cost for the internship is $2200 for the first and $2000 for the second tract. This includes housing, food, classes, and ministry expenses. I am currently looking for more employment so that I can save up to head out to Kansas City as soon as possible. There are two different time frames for the internship: September 27th and January 17th. You all have done so much in supporting me and I just wanted to share this next step with you. If you are interested in helping me either financially or in prayer, please let me know! You can reach me at: brandi.courts@gmail.com. Here is a link to IHOP if you are interested in getting more info: www.ihop.org.

"Come to me all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light". Matthew 11:28-30.

No comments:

Post a Comment